A computational biologist/bioinformatics analyst position in the laboratory of Dr. Gavin Ha and the Computational Biology Program is available immediately. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is interested in studying the genetics and epigenetics of cancer using computational approaches. Candidates who are excited about large/complex ‘omics’ data analysis and cancer research are encouraged to apply. The position has a competitive salary with great benefits.
Please apply through the job posting here
Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in one of these disciplines:
- Computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, data science, statistics, biostatistics, biomedical engineering, computer/electrical engineering, physics, or other related fields
Applicants should have some of the following skills and experience:
- Work well in team environments; strong communication skills; detail-oriented
- Strong programming experience (R, Python, Matlab, Java, C/C++, Perl or other languages for research)
- Experience with high performance computing environments or cloud computing environments is a plus
- Experience with analyzing sequencing data is considered an asset
- A background in cancer biology is considered an asset.
To apply, please submit your application with the following:
- Cover letter describing your experience and/or research interests
- Example of your code either as (1) an attachment or (2) link(s) to public repositories (e.g. GitHub)