A postdoctoral position in the laboratory of Dr. Gavin Ha and the Computational Biology Program is available immediately. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is interested in studying cancer and understanding the genetic and epigenetic basis driving cancer progression. Candidates who are excited about large/complex ‘omics’ data analysis and methods development for cancer research are encouraged to apply. The position has a competitive salary and great benefits.
Please apply through the job posting here
Applicants must have a PhD in one of these disciplines:
- Computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, data science, statistics, computer/electrical engineering, physics, or other related fields
Applicants should have some of the following skills and experience:
- Work well in team environments; strong communication/organization skills; detail-oriented
- Strong programming experience (R, Python, Matlab, Java, C/C++, Perl or other languages for research)
- Experience with high performance computing environments and cloud computing environments is a plus
- Experience with analyzing sequencing data is considered a strong asset
- Applicants must have a demonstrated publication track record.
- A background in cancer biology (esp in prostate or breast cancer) is considered a strong asset.
To apply, please submit your application with the following:
- A statement of research interests and past accomplishments
- Names and email addresses of three references
- Two representative publications or preprints (if available)